Friday, November 7, 2008

The Folks Come To Visit

My parents came to visit Sunday night through Wednesday morning, which was a lot of fun. We managed to make it to wander around Oxford seeing the sights and reveling in the old buildings. I also managed to bribe some friends into joining us for formal dinners at Magdalen, Univ, and Oriel. Special thanks go to Jason Bello, Clara Blättler, Andrew Hammond, Scott Thompson, Melis Anahtar, Deep Shah, and Nadine Levin for providing the company and dispelling the nasty rumour that I'm completely antisocial.

Tuesday night gave me another chance to prove that the skeptics were wrong when they told me I was stupid for buying such a hideous tie.


Texas is blue (until they started counting the votes outside of Austin)

It's not yet clear if my promised science funding will materialize, but at least Mr Obama ushered in one instantaneous change - it's now socially acceptable for me to wear my awesome tie over here. Well perhaps not socially acceptable, but I'm not quite as scared about being thrown into a gutter now.

Finally, it seems that my metal oxide paper from Nate Lewis's group has been published. Don't everyone rush to read it at the same time, but for the sake of my most devout followers it can be found here.

1 comment:

Rebecca Gingrich said...

Congrats on the paper turdface.