Monday, December 29, 2008

Real Christmas in the heart of Real America

My original plans were to spend Christmas in England.  I even started preparing my dear parents for this disappointment in the early summer.  My parents are crafty though, and managed to convince me that it was my sister, not them, that wanted me to come home.


It was nice to be back home for a few days, even if it did require some marathon traveling. I was able to stock up on the American essentials (Jello, Chex Mix, cheap gummy bears, Hawaiian Punch) while playing some family board games. Let's hope that the fun was more than enough to compensate for tomorrow's travels: Columbia to St Louis by van, St. Louis to London via Chicago by air, London to Oxford by coach, Oxford to Edinburgh by train. It will be a small miracle if I manage to time my sleep cycle such that I am awake for the Edinburgh New Years.

2 comments:

Rebecca Gingrich said...

I did want you home buddy.
I needed you home.
That is no lie.
You should feel very special.

mother said...

We have pictures showing you can sleep anywhere, anytime and in some very interesting positions! Have a fun New Year's Eve and a terrific New Year. I am glad you shared Christmas with us!

your favorite mother