Sunday, March 1, 2009

Sunday Ride Through the Countryside

I've been too wimpy to ride my bike much through the winter. I recently discovered just how out of shape I'd become when I started playing for my college's club Ultimate Frisbee team. Since the weather has been getting nicer I decided it was time to get back in the saddle.

I went out solo with a hand drawn map (no printer in my room). It was pretty brilliant, but actually worked ok. I only had to get off my bike a few times to figure out where I was. Eventually I ended up in some little village called Islip, which was gorgeous in a very quaint way (no photos unfortunately). I tried to turn my trip into a loop, but I ran into a highway and figured it was a little wiser to just backtrack for today. I really should go out with the cycling club or some other group that knows the roads.

No comments: