Saturday, October 24, 2009

Lake District

I went walking in the Lake District (Northwest England) last weekend with the Oxford University Walking Club. We climbed a couple of little hills called Scafell and Old Man Coniston. Only when I got home and checked wikipedia did I realize that they're basically the tallest hills in all of England.

The weather on Saturday was gorgeous, but Sunday was a little more characteristically English. In the future I think I may have to be a little more serious about taking the advice to put on full waterproof gear.


2 comments:

kangway said...

I wandered lonely as a cloud
that floats on high over vales and hills
When all at once I saw a crowd,
A host of golden daffodils.
Beside the lake, beneath the trees,
Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.

My dad had that on a cup that he drank coffee out of every morning (his favorite one), that he had picked up when my parents went to England many years ago. They talked a lot about the Lake District, but I never went when I was in England.

Anyway, those are some big looking hills. Are they hills, or mountains?

Todd Gingrich said...

They call them mountains, but they're just barely over 3000 ft.