Sunday, October 5, 2008

I <3 Rhodes House

Saturday was the Rhodes House orientation, which was great fun. Rhodes House is basically a mansion to house the business of the Rhodes Trust and to provide a place for Rhodes Scholars to relax. Conveniently it is right next to the chemistry building, so I will be able to swing by for afternoon tea.

Yesterday afternoon was the annual Rhodes auction, which was quite amusing. True to my stingy ways, I didn't pick up anything from the auction, but I did get a new pullover sweater for £5 from the fixed price room. My boxes are unlikely to arrive until Monday, so my hope is that the sweater can tide me over until I can get some clean clothes.

Today I have the first events with my Middle Common Room (MCR), which is basically the graduate student organization of the college. It should be a great chance to meet some people outside of the Rhodes circle, and it will be my first time to eat in the hall.

PS It's raining.

No comments: