Friday, October 3, 2008

I've Arrived

We arrived in Oxford bright and early yesterday morning. I managed to get little more than an hours sleep on the flight, but the consensus was that we needed to stay awake until about 8 pm before crashing, thereby getting onto our new sleep cycles. I moved into my room at University College (Univ). The room is quite large and quaint with an excellent location. I will post photos once I obtain internet access in my room (in the mean time I use the internet at Rhodes House).

I spent much of the day wandering around Oxford with Clara, the other American Rhodes Scholar in Univ. We managed to purchase some of the essentials while getting a general lay of the land.

At night, I discovered that my father had been attempting to contact me for quite a while to inform me that my shipped boxes were held up in customs. I failed to fill out the proper forms, and fixing the problem proved to be quite difficult with no internet access, phone, scanner, etc. Eventually I put it off until morning and crashed for the night. This was a wise decision since the task was quick and easy once I went to Rhodes House this morning.

I'm going to resume wandering while trying to acquire a few more essentials. It may be a few days before I post a substantial update, but I promise there will be pictures eventually.

1 comment:

Caleb said...

Dear Rhodes Scholar,

The word is spelled "consensus."

- Caleb