Thursday, October 9, 2008

Repping Missouri

Today I decided to wear my obnoxiously bright yellow Missouri sweatshirt. I figure that Missouri's football excellence, entitles me to represent the school abroad. As I walked down High Street, two groups of Americans stopped me to comment on the shirt. It was amusing to see how many midwesterns are actually crawling around this place.

Tonight was a formal graduate student dinner in the main dining hall. I've been eating in the hall this whole week for lunch and dinner, but my meals have been cafeteria style until tonight. Tonight was actually a fully waited (Harry Potter style) meal. We naturally had to dress smart, and the master got up and gave a Dumbledorean welcome address before the meal. It was quite fun, so I'm going to have to sign up this Sunday's formal hall too.

I suppose the biggest news of the day is that I have finally made myself look respectable again. After my wreck I was unable to shave for quite some time. It was rather amusing watching people I met restrain their impulses to call me a slob.



Luckily, the scar cleared up enough that I felt comfortable shaving before the formal dinner. Now I look like my dapper old self.

Thank you Dr. Croll

1 comment:

Rebecca Gingrich said...

Now you just need to learn how to comb your hair.